Free Breastfeeding Continuing Education
Great Lakes Breastfeeding Webinars
- Michigan Breastfeeding Network presents FREE Great Lakes Breastfeeding Webinars that launch on the third Tuesday of the month at 8am EST. Webinars are available to watch whenever and wherever for up to 1 year after the initial air date. Click here for webinars.
Person Centered Tech
Texas State Department of Health
University of Albany
- A Mother’s-Eye View of Breastfeeding Help- "This presentation looks at recent research that provides insight into how breastfeeding help is perceived by the families in our care."
- The Significance of Childbirth to the Birthing Person- "Although childbirth takes about one day of the life of the mother and baby, the memory of this life-changing event remains with the mother all her life. Penny will discuss studies of the elements that make this a positive, satisfying memory."
- Clients, Colleagues, or Critics? Negotiating Gaps between evidence and community standards- "This session will explore new patient-centered outcomes from research on quality, safety, risk and responsibility. Together we will review and discuss emerging tools and strategies to facilitate conversations about the best available evidence and respectful maternity care."
- Leadership Skills in Lactation: Make Extraordinary Things Happen- "Breastfeeding advocacy is about building systems and consistently leading cultural changes to more deeply reinforce human feeding as the norm. When lactation leaders are able to align values and beliefs with actions and strategies to promote breastfeeding as part of whole community, change can happen from the inside out through public health strategy."
- Demystifying Professional Certification Examination Development- "If you have ever wanted to know about how professional certification examinations are developed, what the process involves or how professional certification examinations differ from other types of examinations, this is the session for you!"